I finished up a couple of more notebook covers this week. I used another piece of my soy wax batik fabric which was big enough to make two covers. I quilted the fabric and then stitched the cover together with more of the “hand written” fabric for the inside.
Here’s one of the covers.
And this is the second one. I decided to use just white thread and not add another color.
I finally got these to fit almost exactly. The trick for me was adding 3/8″ seam allowance and stitching a 1/4″ seam.
So three down and two to go. The one that was too big and the one that was to small, don’t count 🙂
And here they are all together. I hope that they sell well because they are pretty simple to put together and I have a lot more fabric to use up. If you want to hear about our break down screen printing session, check out my post over at The Felting and Fiber Studio tomorrow.