The daisies are certainly liking the weather. We’ve finally gotten some sunshine and warmer weather. All the metal piled up there was pieces that we’ve found in the field. I have made a sort of sculpture but since I have no welder, it looks kind of silly. I keep thinking I will add something felted to it but haven’t gotten that far yet.
The daisies are taking over!!
This is a jar of mushrooms in vinegar and water. I decided to do a little dye experiment as someone on the felting forum was asking about dyeing with mushrooms. As it has been so wet, we have a bunch of mushrooms so I thought I’d give it a try.
These are the types of mushrooms that I used. They seem to have a lot of color so I’m hopeful I will get some change in color of my wool.
I added the wool this morning. The jar is sitting outside in the sunshine. I think I’ll leave it for at least a week maybe two. I’ll show you the results then. We’re off on a mini vacation to Quinn’s Hot Springs. It’s only 90 miles from here but it will be a good break.
It will be interesting to see what results you get. I did get a dye book once that had recipes with mushrooms, each type gives different colors and variations.Debbie
Hi, I just want to suggest that you don't use the fabric for a childs toy please. My husband use to work at a mushroom farm. He says that telling the difference between a mushroom and a toadstall can sometimes be very hard. Please use caution. xxx
I love the concept, but the contents of that jar are pretty darn ugly! can't wait to see the results.
I will be very interested to see the results of your mushroom dyeing next week :o)