Here is my piece for the September TIF Challenge. The concept for this month is lists. I do use lists but it wasn’t an idea that really excited me much for making a piece. But I looked up the definition of lists and one of those definitions is selvage or selvedge. While I was researching this a bit, I found a website that was all about how to make quilts from selvages. So I followed the
basic directions from there to make this piece. It was originally going to be a scroll but I don’t really like it rolled up so it is going to be a small quiltie. These were all selvages from my scrap bin and I made the quilt double sided. The quilting of the piece was to further emphasize lines on a list.
Here’s the back view.
This is a close up of my piece about stumps that I am continuing to work on. It’s got a bit more to go and then I have ideas for several companion pieces. I need to have them done before January so I hope I’ll have time to get them done. I’ve got more company coming and I have to work next Friday – bah humbug.
This was an experiment in my journal. It is a method for copying transfers to paper using of all things citrus based paint remover. But it worked great. I copied the music on to the page first and then added the color afterward with leftover dye. I was thinking of adding a pear in the foreground but haven’t gotten to that yet.
Speaking of pears, here is a sketch that I made of some pears the other night.