I finally finished the last mixed media painting. I changed course a bit in the middle as I was planning on adding orange lichen to this piece. But I just couldn’t get it to look like I wanted. I had a few left over leaves from Ice Flowers and liked how they looked.
And I liked how they looked. So I made more as well as machine stitched cord and then glued it all down.
I really like how it brings out the look of bark.
I glued the “bark” down to a painted wooden canvas.
And the leaves are all three-dimensional. I think it would look a bit better if the leaves had more variety of green. But it works. Hope you have a good weekend and thanks for stopping by 🙂