It’s hard to believe but we’re already a quarter of the way through the year. I thought I would do a little update on my fiber art plan for 2011. I am pleased with the amount that I have accomplished.
- I took the Hand Stitch Level I class in February.
- I have sent in my work for consideration to a gallery in Missoula and will hear back from them by April 1.
- I entered a fiber art piece in two exhibitions. I have heard back from one and was not accepted. I will hear back from the other at the end of March.
- I have been blogging more frequently and have continued with the Design Focus Friday series. I have also done a couple more tutorials which were well received.
- I have been thinking frequently about my word for the year “choice” and have tried to make conscious decisions that take me in the direction I want to go on my fiber art path.
I made a decision recently that is going to change my plan for the year considerably. I am not at liberty to discuss the details but it will involve lots more felting activities and a 6 month deadline. I’m going to be very busy over the next 6 months and as soon as I can, I will let you in on the details. I won’t have a lot of extra time on my hands so I will have to cut down on my blog reading, commenting on others’ blog posts and even posting to my own blog. I will finish out the Design Focus Fridays but I’m not sure I’ll get much else accomplished on the blog. I hope you all won’t desert me. I’m really excited about this project and in a couple of months, I’ll be able to tell you all about it. So stay tuned!
I'm so pleased you are happy with the year's progress to date Ruth, and I wish you well with whatever project is planned. Good luck with the submissions, and I most certainly will be watching for anything you have to share. Regards.
Its good when we are pleased with what we have achieved hey…well done.