I needed new slippers…

The slipper that I felted several years ago have given up the ghost. So I needed new ones.

I made these yesterday afternoon. I started with white merino, added a bit of burgundy silk on the tops. Then I dyed the bottoms with more burgundy. The dye went further than expected so the tops are a bit darker than I had wanted but they will work fine.
Here’s the backs. They look more like the tops should have.

Here’s a close up of the silk on the wool. I am now looking for that silicone stuff to paint on the bottoms. Around here all I can find is black and I wanted to just use clear. I may have to order it online but first to try the hardware store next to my store in Whitefish to see if they can order me some.

4 thoughts on “I needed new slippers…

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your comments so please let me know what you think.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.