This is the back of one of my thread sketched felt pieces. I thought I would try a new method of hanging them. This is a thin board that I drilled holes in and added some screw eyes. Then I stitched it to the felt with invisible thread. I also added a label to the back. So now I just need to add the picture wire to the screw eyes and it can be hung. You can’t see the hanging mechanism at all from the front and I’m pleased with how it works.
Here’s a close up of one of the drilled holes and the stitching. It takes a bit of time to stitch them on but I didn’t want to frame these so this was a good solution.
The next photos are the three machine embroidered bloom pieces that I finished. I made these backgrounds quite a while ago which are oil paint stick rubbings on muslin and then overpainted. On the machine, I used free motion and automatic pattern cable stitch. The inside of the flowers are done with mossing stitch (Ala Ken Smith’s workshop in WOW). The center of the flowers is hand stitched.
Oh my gosh, the blooms are fantastic!
Ruth your mossing stitch is amazing.I have done several workshops with Ken Smith and I am sure he would be thrilled with what you have done.