Color Homework Finished

I worked most of the day competing my homework for Level 1 Color Studies. And it is finally finished.

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERAAll of the pages just barely fit back together. The first comment from Dennis was “This book is heavy.”

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERAI was going to use this as the cover but decided to use the original one instead. I put this one in front of the section on color wheels.

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERAThis is the page on painting neutrals to match a photo. This was really difficult to do and get colors that are similar.

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERAThis section is about finding paint chips to match an object. I had a hard time with this exercise as well because nothing really seemed to match.

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERAThe other problem with this exercise is that when I printed the photo of the object, the color wasn’t even close. I fiddled with the first photo to get it to match the real color. I left the purple vase photo as it printed out so it looks nothing like the paint chips.

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERAI enjoyed this exercise. I mixed and painted a variety of colors that I thought worked. Then I put them into a color scheme. I also found some fabric and threads that worked.

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERAThen I made two more color schemes. One with more blue violet and one with more green. I like the one on the right best.

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERAAfter I finished the color notebook, I cut up a large Kantha piece into three squares. I am going to lace these and then they will be in an auction to raise money for a new exhibit space at the Gail Harker Center for Creative Arts.